Thursday, May 05, 2011

Breath of Fresh Air

Well, it's been a while. I can't remember the last time I've written something. When do I have free time to write anyway? I don't understand these super people who can keep all these distractions sorted out. If I'm not doing classes, I'm wasting time to stay sane. I bet writing would keep me saner.

It seems I'm in the process of studying for genetics and organic chemistry. Hey, look at that! There's something to say. It's been a year and I've almost made my way through a 1300 page ochem book. Holy shit. I was looking over some of Shulgin's stuff in PiHKAL and I realized that I can understand so many of these syntheses I never dreamt of comprehending. Of course it's probably worth mentioning that I've moved from looking at pharmacology and I'm turning an eye to bioinformatics.

Now that's interesting! I mean I always knew I was good with computers, but it seems I was always a bit too apprehensive or uncomfortable with attempting to code, and now that I've scored an internship where I'll be doing just that. For some reason I always figured that I'd be standing at a lab bench with a lab jacket doing quirky science things with fun chemicals. Yet, it seems I will be content writing code, tinkering with code, tinkering with processes and loops and links and variables and... well it really is an extension of Linux tinkering from middle school.

I guess that's the way the world comes full circle. You really are destined to do exactly what it is you are passionate about. Where do I end up expending the majority of my daily hours? At a terminal, a keypad, a... hm...

I've been unable to get some things out. I've been in a block for a long time. I feel like college is my big impetus. I know that people are supposed to flourish here. It seems there are so many things calling to me all the time, but I'm returning an apathetic sigh. It's as if something has always been missing. It seems my mind drudges in technicality, however when one reaches a certain level of education, everything is technicality. All grounds have been surveyed, and there are no broad pictures to discover....

Well... that's wrong. A pioneer. Well anyway.

One day I will find myself on an adventure. My foot will touch dirt. But maybe instead of forging a path, or paving new grounds, maybe I will grab a vine and climb to solitude. Perhaps I put too much emphasis on attainment. A time comes for a reconsideration. At times, the wealth of knowledge is a bit too overwhelming. A blinding light, a fiery, emanating, series of arms grabbing. There's a chance I could reach a nice quiet place somewhere. I could take the bugs. Just no more carbon monoxide. Heh.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need to post more

Unknown said...

thumbs up

JDOGMMA said...

Keep going!

Atley said...

dude. just use whatever job you need to save up money, then go see the world. you seem to be the kind of guy who would love the travel and new experiences.

ThirtySeven said...

easy come, easy go!